Saturday, December 8, 2012

Bonita Lake Park, Part II

Trail Run, Bonita Lake Park. Meridian Mississippi. 1Hr. Set out today on the opposite side of the park. My assumption was right, that there were many more single track trails that were much more identifiable. From about 300 yards of paved road, I was right on the trail. Just me. I only saw three people the whole run. It was pretty easy going, quick up and downs. Longest climb was only 15 meters. I felt really good, considering the amount of beers Jaclyn and I put back last night. I tried to keep the same strategy as two days ago, by going out nice and smooth and letting the run come to me. I didn't really push the pace on the trails. The New Balance Minimus kept me running smooth with that barefoot feeling. The temp was about 70 degrees and pretty dry. I came out of the trails and had about 15 minutes to spare, so I set out along the paved path around the lake there. It is only for walkers and runners and about 1.2 mi long. I started to ramp up the turnover. Probably around 7min/mi pace. I saw a woman on the other side, running in the same direction as me and I thought 'I can catch her before the car'. I wanted to try and pace it just right to catch her just at the last moment. Even in an extremely happy relationship with Jaclyn, I'm still chasin women. Ha. I caught my carrot about 200yds from the finish. I was really moving at this point. I finished the run with a sprint up this really steep hill. Probably close to 20% degree hill. It was another great run on this vacation to Mississippi. Might try to hit the trails one more time in the morning before we leave here tomorrow. TFR -w

No comments:

Post a Comment