Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Work, Hamster Wheel, Work...repeat

12/19/12 Richmond VA, VCU Cary St Gym. Its been a few days since my last post. Work has gotten very busy with the end of the year and end of the quarter. Anyone in sales knows exactly what I mean, pressure is high. I have been running though. Jaclyn and I have been getting up and going to the gym in the morning for some treadmill work. When I say "work on the treadmill" I mean I haven't just gotten on and started running. I have switched back and forth from hill workouts and speed. Today I warmed up for 30 minutes and did a little speed work. I finished my workout this morning by running back home from the gym, just 2.2mi away. I ran pretty fast. I wanted to step just over that comfort zone line and feel a little burn. I didn't wear a watch, but I must say I'm interested in how fast I as moving. I signed up for the Flyin Pirate Half Marathon in the Outer Banks of North Carolina this April and have to run a 7:06 pace to reach my goal of 1:33. I wondered how far off that pace I was this morning. I'm not going to put a watch on for a few more weeks, so we will just have to see in late January how fast I am at this weight. I am happy to report that I stepped on the scale at 180 this week, down 5 lbs. I have been dieting better, but not great. Just less alcohol and more running. Looking forward to my Vegan Jan & Feb. I bet with this training and that diet I will lose weight very fast. My metabolism speeds up very quickly when I am not drinking and dedicated to my training. This weekend is a big run. Long run of 10mi with road and trails mixed in. I have been really looking forward to it, so check back in for that. It is going to be a great course around Richmond. TFR -w

No comments:

Post a Comment