Thursday, December 13, 2012

Treadmill? Really...

12/13/12 VCU Gym, Richmond VA. 2 x 30 min Treadmill Run. So as I mentioned in a previous post, I've been upset with myself for not getting up early and running before work. The cold, rain, wind, streets, _______ (add excuse here) I just haven't been able to get up. With Jaclyn having to get back to work soon, we thought it would be good for her to start waking up early. We can both go to the VCU gym and workout next to one another, me on the treadmill and her on the recumbent bike just next to it. Four television screens in front of us, with four separate channels. I haven't been on a treadmill since I was training seriously for long distance triathlons many years ago. I ran yesterday also, so I figured that I could get on and do just a light pace to stretch things out. Starting out nice a easy I increased both the speed and the incline just slightly every 3 mins. I finished feeling pretty good. My stride was quick, short, and striking just the way I need to on the forefoot keeping my hips straight and my upper body upright. I was very pleased. Going to work, I thought 'well maybe we should go again tonight?' Jaclyn was down with returning to the gym, so we set out for another workout, the same way. I felt very tired from getting up early and from a long day at work. But as soon as I started out, I felt great. Better than this morning. I did the exact same workout, increasing the speed and the incline with every 3 minutes. My first treadmill workout in at least 5 years, turned out to be great. Total of 1 hour running today, with healthy food (prepared by the wonderful Jaclyn), and good rest turned this day into a great one. TFR -w

No comments:

Post a Comment